Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Is this good news?

I must admit that I am a newcomer to local Orange County politics in general, and to Orange County School politics in particular. I would not be the least bit interested at this point were it not for the Orange County Schools apparent interest in shirking its responsibility to the district's under-performing students by brazenly manipulating the statistics used to measure their performance.

Since I am ignorant of the political discussions that took place over the past few years, I don't know if this is good news or not.

"Orange Superintendent Carraway to retire"

Given that interest in merging Central Elementary and Hillsborough Elementary schools has reportedly come from Ms. Carraway's staff, I can only assume that this bodes well for more accountability for their failure to address problems at Orange County's under-performing schools - not just find a quick fix that will make the numbers look better.

Help a newbie understand.

No comments: